Joining Our Club
We are always looking for new members. Talk to one of our committee members or coaches – they will be happy to provide you with all the information required, and to assist you to join our Club.
Being a member of the Bowmen of Melville provides many benefits:
- You become affiliated with Archery Australia, as well as World Archery.
- You may shoot at our Club grounds at any time (7 days a week if you wish).
- You may shoot at any other World Archery affiliated Club (anywhere in the world).
- You gain access to Local, State, and National Tournaments.
- We also have an active Social calendar.
Buying Your Own Equipment
Sooner or later you’ll want to buy your own equipment. Our initial recommendation – don’t buy anything until you have been shooting for at least six weeks.
When you have decided that you do want to buy your own gear (and join the Club), talk to our Coaches – they are equipped to provide the best advice on what equipment will best suit both you and your budget.
The use of Broadhead Arrows is prohibited on our grounds
Unfortunately, the provision of the grounds to our club for archery, by the City Council, does not allow the use of crossbows on our club grounds.
Club Membership Fees
Please email our Membership Coordinator for a membership form, and to discuss our fees.
Please Note: additional charges may be payable for special events to cover such things as an event registration fee and catering. (eg 3D shoots and social events)